Providing access to knowledge is the fundamental for today's educators. Morse and Alcatel-Lucent's data networking solution helps schools meet that challenge with scalable, cost-effective broadband. Broadband technology enhances education by offering increased flexibility, easy communications and immediate access to global resources. Schools can deliver Internet and email for students and staff while streamlining administrative systems. Building a powerful data network allows schools to share information and applications across the district quickly and easily. And with Alcatel-Lucent, the network operates securely - protecting student data while providing access to school information for parents.
- Deliver new forms of content from around the globe into the classroom
- Improve efficiency of existing data networks
- Help close the digital divide - cost-effectively and securely
The next step in K-12 networks is to combine voice, data, and video to expand schools' educational possibilities. As a worldwide leader in telecommunications, Alcatel-Lucent offers a dynamic IP communications solution that converges these diverse media types on a single network. From easy-to-use conferencing and collaboration tools to voice over IP (VoIP) - Alcatel-Lucent provides a complete portfolio of scalable, cost-effective applications for school districts. Whether a district has five schools or 500, the solution can grow to meet the need for Internet access, secure internal Web and data networking, email, voicemail, and a full suite of voice calling features.
The open architecture of our Omni PCX readily integrates with existing information and security systems through Internet technologies such as session initiation protocol (SIP) and XML protocols. Unified messaging allows instant alerts for emergencies and incidents which require lock down or evacuation and timely notification of parents. The Alcatel-Lucent solution centralizes management, allowing for simplified moves, adds, and changes and efficient use of IT resources.
- Minimized cost of investment and operations
- Access to boundless classroom, campus, and district-wide applications
- Facilitates increased parental involvement
- Integrates services for phones and PCs in every classroom
- Improves security
- Supports enhanced 911
Access to voice, video and data services from any location within a school or around the district greatly enhances learning and improves facilities management, staff availability and security. School district staff from teachers and maintenance workers to district and security staff must roam throughout schools and the district while maintaining seamless communication.
Learning resources are also increasingly mobile as schools look to maximize their technology dollar by using computers on wheels and wireless LAN access points to create flexible, instant computing solutions. Alcatel-Lucent understands these goals and provides the wireless campus networks that make mobility possible.
Alcatel-Lucent's solution can deliver:
- Universal mobile access from WiFi devices
- Rogue access point detection to protect the network from intruders
- Integration of wireless security devices using XML over IP
- IP soft phone integration on handheld devices and on home PCs
- Number portability to allow teachers to take their personal number from room to room and school to school
- Streamlined, centralized network management
Unfortunately, the security response of our K-12 and Higher Education Schools is a subject that requires discussion and action.
Morse provides emergency response systems and applications that unify the communication between school security teams, local law enforcement and the student and staff body during an emergency event.
Technology cannot necessarily prevent events from happening but, can significantly improve communications, response and notifications during an event.