OmniAccess 5000 Unified Services Gateway Family
• Integrated security tools: Comprehensive and integrated features in one platform such as stateful firewall, VPN and IDS; software is remotely upgradeable to incorporate new signatures for threat mitigation without reboot; enhances user experience due to always-on service delivery; secure, protected network infrastructure at all times; no revenue-impacting network or service failures.
T1 / E1 WAN Line Card
Enterprise networks have experienced a dramatic growth in network complexity from an increased number of branch offices and their various network appliances and applications.
The Alcatel-Lucent® OmniAccess 5000 Unified Services Gateway (USG) family addresses these issues by merging devices and applications into a single, resilient rack mount package that reduces overall network complexity and consolidates the management of multiple services in the branch office.
The OmniAccess 5000 USG family is a compact and comprehensive solution to satisfy all IP communication needs of the regional or branch office.
The OmniAccess 5740 USG integrates multiple services on one platform (Ethernet switching, IP routing, VoIP, Video) to reduce the cost and complexity of the WAN access network infrastructure and allows new services to be implemented quickly and easily. Its modular chassis is equipped with two interface module slots, one service engine card with 512MB SDRAM and two 10/100/1000 ports, one internal AC power supply and base software image including firewall, VPN, and IDS/IPS services.
The OmniAccess 5780 USG is a modular chassis equipped with six interface module slots, one service engine card with 512MB SDRAM and two 10/100/1000 ports, one switch fabric card, one removable AC power supply and base software image including firewall, VPN, and IDS/IPS services.
• Network consolidation: The Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess 700 Unified Services Gateway Family is a hardware platform that combines multiple wide area network interfaces and integrated services and protocols into a single system that is managed by a single network management system. Built-in network and security services remove the need for separate systems and drastically reduce the complexity and management needs of the branch office network.
• Designed for the branch office: Comprehensive, integrated WAN platform that has a streamlined form factor that satisfies branch office location space restrictions; provides a rich feature set and extensive suite of services that branch offices require; high-performance platform that delivers multiple services without compromise, to any location in the network.
• Simplification: One device delivers all the services needed at the branch; saves time; simplicity reduces CAPX and OPEX costs; easy to add services.
• Always-up branch office - carrier-class resiliency: maintain superior performance and scalability as new services are added to the platform; hardware and software modularity and redundancy built into the OmniAccess 700 USG family ensures consistent reliable operation; software services are deployed in modules using Alcatel-Lucent ModuLive to provide non-disruptive service upgrades and configuration changes; redundant power supplies ensure operation even if the primary hardware fails while services like virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP) add resiliency to communication links to ensure reliable network operation.