OmniAccess Wireless LAN Access Points
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess™ access points (APs) are small, lightweight and can be securely deployed in a variety of locations such as on walls, cubicles, desktops, and in the ceiling. The AP antenna diversity allows for the best possible signal processing using dual, omni-directional antennas.
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess APs work with the Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess WLAN switches including the OmniAccess 6000, OmniAccess 4324, OmniAccess 4308, and OmniAccess 4304. These WLAN switches provide a high performance, centrally managed, wireless mobility solution for enterprises.
Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess APs have an extended lifespan because they automatically configure themselves across any L2/L3 network using discovery, allowing easy upgrades when new features, capabilities, or standards emerge.
Wireless LAN access points
OmniAccess AP60 & OmniAccess AP61
OmniAccess AP120 & OmniAccess AP121
Outdoor rated wireless access points
OmniAccess AP85FX & OmniAccess AP85LX
Dual-radio MIMO access points
OmniAccess AP124 & OmniAccess AP125
Support of voice over converged, handheld wireless devices
• Supports voice protocols and prioritization based on the device as well as traffic flows.
• Supports converged devices on wireless connections.
• Traffic can be delivered through an integrated firewall.
• Load-balancing between nearby APs based on thresholds.
• Unique connection and mission control - can control the number of phones that associate with an AP
• Thresholds can be configured on an access point.
• By differentiating between those on-hook and those transmitting voice, better control and allocation of access to APs can be set.
• Ability to firewall an IP communication
• Instead of blocking static port, OmniAccess APs block a dynamic port - we block SIP signaling
• Security of voice
• Alcatel OmniAccess WLAN solutions provides complete, multi-layered security, scalable, centralized wireless LAN switching, advanced RF management, QoS for latency sensitive applications, and standards-based enterprise mobility.
Ability to extend WiFi beyond corporate environment
• Outdoor APs that adjust to fluctuating weather
• Extends services outdoors to areas in the immediate vicinity of the office allowing outdoor classrooms, cafes, warehouse support, or trains in tunnels.