Realize your network's full potential from the edge to the core
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6850 (OS6850) series is our line of L3 GigE fixed configuration stackable LAN switches. Small in size but big in performance, it excels at the edge and in the core with the industry’s most advanced triple-play services, PoE, L2/L3 performance and extensive network security.
By providing price/performance leadership, advanced QoS and layer-3 features, the OS6850 fits into your stackable lineup, it's fast enough for the edge, and powerful enough to anchor your core. It enables corporations to realize the full potential of their networks.
The OS6850’s wide variety of port / feature option combinations meet your configuration needs.
- OmniSwitch 6850-24
- OmniSwitch 6850-24X
- OmniSwitch 6850-U24X
- OmniSwitch 6850-48
- OmniSwitch 6850-48X
- OmniSwitch 6850-24L
- OmniSwitch 6850-48L
- OmniSwitch 6850-P24
- OmniSwitch 6850-P24X
- OmniSwitch 6850-P48
- OmniSwitch 6850-P48X
- OmniSwitch 6850-P245L
- OmniSwitch 6850-P24L
• The OS6850 provides multi-layer security with a range of security features. These features include user authentication, quarantine VLANs, access control lists, encryption for secure management, denial of service protection and more.
Advanced Network Policies
• For secured and converged networks, the OS6850 offers advanced network policies ensuring users and applications get the priority and performance they need.
• Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista (TM) is a comprehensive set of network management applications and tools that provide OneTouch(TM) management of the OS6850. Universally supported across Alcatel-Lucent enterprise networking devices, OmniVista allows managers to monitor network activity, configure and trouble shoot each device, and manage an entire network from a single platform.
• Its small form factor, high performance and rich feature set makes it a great aggregation solution for space-limited data centers.
• By providing true redundancy, an enterprise can provide a reliable network for converged applications. There is a noticeable performance boost in converged networks ffrom advanced services and at a great price allowing customers to buy tomorrow's capabilities today.
• Superior architecture for OS6850 resiliency including virtual chassis, redundant power, fault tolerant stacking, hot-swappable chassis, power supplies, transceivers and image rollback
• Dual IPv4 and IPv6 support, which extends the life cycle, future proofs the network and satisfies the most stringent government and defense requirements (DoD)
• Differentiated quality of service (QoS) for mission critical applications
Manageability/Ease of deployment
• Same CLI, Webview, SNMP, OmniVista as for any AOS switch
• Various models covering all needs from 10/100 to GigE and 10GE with redundant and replaceable power supplies available among a broad choice of AC, DC, standard PoE or high power PoE PS.
• Alcatel-Lucent Access Guardian as a security framework for network-wide and user-based security with auto-sensing authentication (802.1X, MAC, Rules)
• Traffic anomaly detection to monitor network traffic in real-time, detect malware and anomalies, report and quarantine offending ports
• Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista Quarantine Manager support for automatic containment and remediation upon identification of malicious attacks by switches or third-party intrusion detection and prevention systems
Ethernet Access Services
• Comprehensive Metro Ethernet features set such as VLAN stacking, Ethernet OAM, multicast VLANs for Ethernet access deployments supporting residential and business metro/triple-play applications